Sunday, June 6, 2010

second life 6-6

Had a great chat on second life with Valarie and Sandy. Discussed our jobs, what we all plan to do after the course, and the economy. How all school districts are in trouble, no matter where you are.

What are teachers supposed to do? With the advancement in technology, budget costs, how are teachers supposed to cope and teach and make great lessons, when there is not much money. I know there are sites out there to help teachers, such as donorschoose.org for one, or teachers can collect box tops, or coke rewards can also give prizes and gifts to students.

They is just my rant for tonight. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. My mom has taught for 30 years and most teachers I know are totally dedicated and do a LOT for their classes with their own money. It is sad to me teachers are not valued more (or it seems). It's tough to manage budgets, but I believe districts can be much more efficient. It's just not popular to make cuts so no one is willing to step up and do it. My Industrial Engineering training has helped me look for efficiencies throughout my career - and helped me see there are opportunities everywhere. :) There sure is no easy answer.

    ReplyDelete