Thursday, May 13, 2010

Podcasts

Social Networks - it is more appropriate to call it "Socialnomics" The technology is increasing, growing, it is everywhere. You cannot buy the new cellular phone, and then not expect to turn around and see a newer version already in stores. I agree with the comment "Listening first, selling second", the networks have accomplished this with advertisements. It is true, who watches commercials on television, I don't. I use those to do work, although lately I just turn my television on for background noise, and I am only online. However, when stores do ask for your email account, the stuff they connect to you with is not always relevant. Usually it is to announce sales, they never really ask for opinions on products of what to sell or offer.

I can agree with the statistic that 96% have joined a social network, that Facebook is 200 million strong, but I am still always iffy about the privacy effect. I like/enjoy my social network experience, but how safe is it. For example, the comparison with "What stays in Vegas.....stays on "social network"........I don't post private things, I lock my information, but not everyone does, especially teenagers.

How do we protect them? It may take drastic measures to actually have them listen!

Also, I understand twitter, but why do people need to know what you are doing 24/7.

We rely on social networks for a lot, some good, some bad, (jobs, connections, entertainment) I think it is all up to the user how much you will "shift" with the times.

1 comment:

  1. As for teens figuring it out, I think, as in many things, that they need to get burned a little before they figure it out. With luck they will figure it out before anyone gets too badly hurt.

    ReplyDelete